Asialaw is a proud media partner of the Global Pound Conference Series Hong Kong 2017. Launched in Singapore and wrapping up in London in 2017, the Series is a global project that brings together dispute resolution practitioners to share ideas and generate actionable data on what corporate and individual dispute resolution users need and want, both locally and internationally. The Series is scheduled to take place in 40 cities across 31 countries.
For 2017, the theme of the conference series is: Shaping the future of dispute resolution & improving access to justice. The goal is to consider how disputants in civil and commercial conflicts can select and have access to appropriate dispute resolution processes that are proportionate in costs, time, possible outcomes, enforceability and impact on reputations and relationships.
Taking place on February 23 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre, the Hong Kong event will bring together stakeholders in dispute resolution, including commercial parties, lawyers, academics, judges and policy makers.
Speakers will include:
- Rimsky Yuen, SC, JP, Secretary for Justice, Department of Justice HKSAR
- Julian Copeman, Managing Partner, Greater China, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Alex Charter, Director and Head of Litigation, Asia Pacific, Credit Suisse
- The Honourable Chief Justice Geoffrey Ma Tao-li, GBM, Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal
- Richard Jones, General Counsel, Greater China & North Asia, Standard Chartered Bank
For details of the programme and to register, visit: http://hongkong2017.globalpoundconference.org/